Sweden’s Svante Paabo wins 2022 Nobel Prize in Medicine
- Thomas Perlmann, secretary of the Nobel Committee, announced the winner Monday at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The 2022 Nobel prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded to svante paabo ”for the discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution”.
Introduction of light combat helicopter in Indian Air Force
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has launched the first batch of indigenously developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH).
- The helicopters were inducted into the Indian Air Force in Jodhpur in the presence of Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhary.
- And the light combat helicopter is named as “Prasanth”.
ECI launches Radio series – ‘Matdata Junction’
- ECI launches Radio series named as ‘Matdata Junction’ in collaboration with All India Radio for voter awareness.
- Matdata series consists of 52 Episodes of 15 minutes each to be broadcast every Friday during 7- 9 PM on Vividh Bharati stations, FM Rainbow, FM Gold and Primary channels of AIR
- Programs to be broadcast in 23 languages across 230 AIR channels
- First Episode of Matdata Junction to go on air on October 7, 2022
- ECI-Election Commission of India
President of India to visit Gujarat from October 3 to 4
- On October 3, 2022,She was inaugurate/lay the foundation stone for various projects related to health, irrigation, water supply and port development at GMERS, Gandhinagar.
- On October 4, 2022, the President will launch ‘herStart’ – a start-up platform of Gujarat University for women entrepreneurs and inaugurate/lay the foundation stone for various projects related to education and tribal development at Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
Concessional custom duty on Edible Oil import extended till March 2023 to keep domestic price under control
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in a notification no. 46/2022-Customs dated 31st August, 2022, has extended existing concessional import duties on specified edible oils up to March 31, 2023.
- The move is aimed at increasing domestic supply and keeping prices under control.
Ministry of Education launches YUVA 2.0 to mentor young authors
- The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education, Yesterday launched YUVA 2.0 – Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age) in order to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
- Considering the significant impact of the first edition of YUVA with large participation of young and budding writers (under 30 years) in 22 different Indian languages and English, YUVA 2.0 is now launched.
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches the Scheme and Web-portal for PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration for the year 2022
- Union Minister of State (Individual Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth sciences; The Web-portal for Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration 2022 (http://www.pmawards.gov.in ) was officially launched by MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Nuclear and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- The registration on PM’s Awards web portal will start from October 3, 2022 and submission of applications will be active from October 3, 2022 to November 28, 2022.
President of India announced the results of Swachh Survekshan-2022
- Retaining the “Cleanest City” tag for the sixth time in a row, Indore topped the government’s annual cleanliness survey, while Madhya Pradesh retained the ‘Cleanest State’ mark in the 7th edition of the Swachh Survey Awards 2022.
- Surat and Navi Mumbai are ranked second and third in the list of cleanest cities.
- The survey was conducted to rank Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) on Swachh Bharat Mission progress and various cleanliness and sanitation parameters.
- Apart from the big cities, Haridwar was chosen as the cleanest Ganga city with a population of over 1 lakh, followed by Varanasi and Rishikesh.
List of top 10 cleanest cities (with population over 1 lakh):
In population category less than 1 lakh,
- Panchkani and Garat from Maharashtra ranked the first and third positions respectively, while Patan from Chhattisgarh bagged the second position.
- Karnataka’s Shivamogga got the Fastest City award.
“Over 100 Urban Local Bodies”
- Madhya Pradesh ranked first in the ‘Cleanest State’ category.
- Chhattisgarh is second. Maharashtra was selected as the third cleanest state
“Less than 100 Urban Local Bodies”
- Tripura also ranked first as clean state award
- Jharkhand and Uttarakhand secured the second and third positions respectively.
Indian railways records best ever September Monthly freight loading of 115.80 MT
- Indian railways has recorded best ever September Monthly freight loading of 115.80 MT in Sep’22.
- The incremental loading in the month of September has been 9.7 MT i.e. a growth of 15% over the previous best September figures achieved in 2021.With this, Indian Railways has had 25straight months of best ever monthly freight loading.
- The cumulative freight loading from 1st April’2022 to 30th September’2022 has been 736.68 MT as against 668.86 MT achieved in 2021-22 i.e. an incremental loading of 67.83 MT, with a growth of 10.14 % over same period last year.
No More ‘Hello’, Only ‘Vande Mataram’ – Maharashtra Govt Releases official notice
- Government employees and officials should say Vande Mataram instead of ‘Hello’ when talking on the phone or meeting a person.
- The word ‘hello’ shows the western culture. When you say ‘Vande Mataram’ when you meet others, it creates a sensation. Awareness should be created between the about this order.
Tamil Nadu has been ranked first in the implementation of Jal Jeevan project at the national level
- The Jal Jeevan project aims to provide drinking water to all households in India by 2024 in collaboration with state governments.
- So far 55 percent of the 1.25 crore households in rural areas of Tamil Nadu have been provided with drinking water connections.
- Tamil Nadu has performed well under this scheme and has ranked first at the national level, for which Municipal Administration Minister KN Nehru received the award from the President.
Telangana ranked first place for the swachh survekshan Gramin activities
- Telangana has ranked 1st , Haryana ranked 2nd and tamilnadu ranked 3rd for best performance under large population states category in Swachh Bharat Movement scheme.
- Among the small population states category andhaman & nicobar ranlked 1st , daman and diu & dadar nagar haveli ranked 2nd and sikkim ranked 3rd
The oldest human skull has been discovered in China
- Archaeologists have discovered a human skull believed to be 1 million years old in China’s Hubei province.
- Already 2 human skulls were found from this place 30 years ago.
- Chinese researchers say that the skull that has been discovered is completely intact and incredibly processed.
36th National games 2022
- Antim Panghal of Haryana downed Priyanshi Prajapat in the finals of the women’s 53kg category to clinch gold
- Deepak Lather of Haryana edged Services’ Ajay Singh to win the 81kg weightlifting gold.
- Kerala’s Sajan Prakash clinched men’s 100m butterfly gold. Astha Choudhary from assam won the women’s 100m butterfly gold
World Habitat Day
- World Habitat Day is observed on the first Monday of October month throughout the world.
- It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in December 1985 and in 1986, the first time it was celebrated across the globe.
‘Mind the Gap. Leave No One Behind and No Place Behind’
German Unity Day
- German Unity Day is celebrated on 3 October every year to mark the anniversary of the nation’s unification.
- 3rd October, 1990, the Federal Republic of Germany and the Democratic Republic of Germany were united as one single federal Germany.