Daily Current Affairs 02nd November 2022
Daily Current Affairs 02nd November 2022
Income Tax Department launches HARIT Aaykar
- The Income Tax Department has launched the HARIT Aaykar to increase greenery and create micro forests.
- Under this initiative, the Department resolves to increase the green cover by planting trees and creating micro-forests in and around Income Tax Department’s buildings and other public areas.
- HARIT – Hariyali Achievement Resolution by Income Tax
Civil Air Navigation Services Organization (CANSO) Conference
- The CANSO is the global voice of air navigation service providers worldwide Organization and Founded in 1996 and headquartered in the Netherlands, And Goa is hosting the three day Civil Air Navigation Services Organization (CANSO) Conference from 1st to 3rd November 2022.
- The theme of this year’s conference is “Think Global, Collaborate Regional, Accomplish Local”.
EPFO celebrates 70th Foundation Day
- Union Minister Shri Bhupender Yadav inaugurated the 70th Foundation Day of EPFO held at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi on 1st November 2022.
- On this occasion the Union Minister inaugurated an exhibition named “EPFO @70 – The journey “, displaying the 70 years of EPFO history, The Union Minister also launched the document “EPFO Vision @ 2047”
- EPFO – Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
‘In-Situ Slum Rehabilitation’ Project
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate 3024 newly constructed EWS flats at Kalkaji, Delhi built for rehabilitating slum dwellers under ‘In-Situ Slum Rehabilitation’ Project and programme held at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi on 2nd November, 2022
- The objective of the rehabilitation project is to provide a better and healthy living environment to the residents of Jhuggi Jhopri clusters, with proper amenities and facilities.
Jamshed J Irani, known as India’s Man of Steel, passed away
- 86-year-old Dr. Jamshed J Irani, known as the steel man of India passed away on the night of October 31, 2022 in Jamshedpur.
- He took over as the Chairman of Tata Steel in 1985. For 43 years, he held various key positions in various divisions of Tata. Irani retired from Tata Steel Group in June 2011.
North India’s First data center setup in Noida
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Yotta D1, Uttar Pradesh’s first data center built by Hiranandani Group company Yotta, in Noida.
- An important first step for the government to position the Noida region to investors for India’s fast-growing cloud computing needs.
- The Chief Minister laid the foundation stone for the next two buildings in the data park called Yotta D2 and D3.
RBI has introduced digital currency
- The Reserve Bank of India introduces a digital currency for the first time in India on November 1, 2022 on a trial basis, and the digital currency will be created using a ‘digital code’ format.
- Digital currency will be issued through the following 9 banks – State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, HDFC, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Yes Bank, IDFC First Bank, HSBC.
Shri Amrit Lal Meena took the Charge as a Secretary in Coal ministry
- Shri Amrit Lal Meena took over the charge of the post of Secretary, Ministry of Coal,and she is 1989 Bihar Cadre IAS officer, was holding the charge of Special Secretary (Logistics), Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, in the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Shri Amrit Lal Meena took over charge from Dr.Anil Kumar Jain who retired from the service as Secretary.
Shri Giridhar Aramane appointed as a Defense Secretary
- Shri Giridhar Aramane, a 1988-batch IAS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, assumed the office of Defence Secretary on November 01, 2022.
- Apart from Cabinet Secretariat, Shri Aramane looked after Exploration Division in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas and was Executive Director in-charge of inspections in Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority.
Science and Technology
China launches a new space station in space
- China earlier sent a probe called Wendian to the new space station named ‘Tianhe’ and launched a 2nd probe named Mengtian successfully.
- It is reported that this laboratory system will be used to study microgravity and carry out experiments in fluid physics, material science, and fundamental physics.
Chevalier Award 2022
- Famous singer and musician of Karnataka’s Aruna Sai Ram has been awarded as France’s highest award i.e. Chevalier award.
- A 30-years experience in singer and music director in Carnatic music, received of the Padma Shri, the highest award of the Government of India, and many other awards.
Asian Boxing Championships 2022
- The Asian Boxing Championships 2022 to be held from November 1 to 12 at Amman in Jordan. India is sending a 25-member contingent to Amman for the Asian Boxing Championships, consisting of 13 men and 12 women.
- India’s most successful male boxer at the Asian boxing championships with five medals Shiva Thapa will represent the country in the 63.5kg weight division.
International Open Access Week-2022
- International Open Access Week is celebrated worldwide to create awareness about the open access scholarly publishing among researchers and publishers.
- It is celebrated globally during the last full week of October. In the year 2022, The International Open Access Week, entered in its fifteenth year of celebration,Theme will be “Open for Climate Justice”.
INDIA WATER WEEK 2022
- Droupati Murmu to inaugurate 7th edition of India Water Week (IWW) from 1st to 5th of November,2022 and its organized by Ministry of Water Resources.
- The theme of 7th India Water Week is “Water Security for Sustainable Development and Equity”
Kerala celebrates 66th formation day
- Every year on November 1st, Kerala Piravi Day or Kerala Piravi is celebrated to mark the anniversary of Kerala becoming an independent state in 1956.
- Kerala day is a day of celebration within the state. On this day, people generally wear traditional clothes – which for women is kasavu sarees for men is the mundu.