Daily Current Affairs 03rd November 2022
Mangar Dham in Rajasthan declared as National Monument
- In 1913, 1,500 tribal’s who fought under the leadership of social reformer Govind Guru were captured by the British in Mangar, Banswara District, Rajasthan.
- The memorial has now been declared a National Monument by Prime Minister Modi.
Sharjah International Book Fair in Sharjah UAE
- Sharjah International Book Fair SIBF, 2022 is opening at the Sharjah Expo centre on November 2, the 41st edition of SIBF will run till the 13th of November under the slogan ‘Spread the Word’.
- The Government of India’s premier publishing house Publications Division will showcase its publications at SIBF.
President of India in Nagaland; Inaugurates/Lays Foundation Stone for Various Projects for Strengthening the Education, Road Infrastructure and Financial Sector
- President of India, Smt. Draupadi Murmu attended a civic reception given to her by the Government of Nagaland and laid foundation stones for various projects related to education, road infrastructure and finance sector in Kohima(November 2, 2022).
- Speaking on the occasion, the President said that infrastructure development is an important criterion for the development of a state. The ‘Act East Policy’ of the Government of India focuses on the overall development of the North East region. He expressed hope that the roads and bridges under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana inaugurated will give a fresh impetus to connectivity in the region.
Government of Punjab launched ‘Business Blaster for Young Entrepreneurs’ scheme
- With an aim to create young entrepreneurs at the school level, Punjab Education Minister Harjot Singh launched Bain’s Business Plaster Young Entrepreneurship Programme.
- According to Bains, the scheme provides Rs 2,000 as seed money to Class 11 students to start a business.
“Namma Yatri” rental auto service was Introduced
- An auto drivers association in Bengaluru has developed a cell phone app called “Namma Yatri” to provide auto services independent from private companies.
- This app was developed in October 2022 and become activated from 1st November, 2022.
Rajaraja Chola birth anniversary to be celebrated as government function, says Tamilnadu CM Stalin
- Chief Minister has announced that Rajaraja Cholan’s birthday will be celebrated as a state festival this year and in the coming years after accepting the requests from various quarters that his father-in-law Rajaraja Cholan’s birthday should be declared as a state festival.
Founder of Self Employed Women’s Association and prominent Gandhian Elaben Bhat passed away
- Gandhian and founder of Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), Elaben Bhatt passed away in Ahmedabad on Wednesday.
- A recipient of the Padma Bhushan and Raman Magsaysay awards, he was also the former Chancellor of Gujarat Vidyapeedah, Ahmedabad, founded by Mahatma Gandhi.
Lt Gen Ajai K. Singh assumes charge of Southern Command
- Lieutenant General Ajai Kumar Singh assumed the commander of the Indian Army’s Southern Command as its 50th Army Commander on November 1, 2022. He took charge from Lt Gen J S Nain.
- He has been awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Yudh Seva Medal, Sena Medal, Vishisht Seva Medal.
A Tamil scripted 2000-year-old potsherds was found
- A 2000-year-old potsherds inscribed with Tamil script has been discovered by Sivagangai archaeological team at Pandian Fort in Kalaiyarkovil, Sivagangai district.
- Black and red colored potsherds with inscriptions in black and red. Later these potsherds with Tamil script have been handed over to Sivagangai Government Museum.
Science and Technology
SpaceX Launches First Falcon Heavy Mission
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, the world’s most-powerful active rocket, lifted off for the first time after three years, from Florida’s Cape Canaveral, with Elon Musk’s company sending a group of satellites into orbit for the U.S. Space Force.
- The rocket system, representing three Falcon 9 boosters strapped side-by-side, lifted off at a SpaceX launch pad. The Heavy carried a handful of classified payloads toward geostationary orbit for the U.S. Space Force on a mission called USSF-44.
Suryakumar Yadav Becomes World’s Best T20 Batsman In Latest ICC Rankings
- Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav has surpassed Mohammad Rizwan to become the new No. 1 ranked T20I batter, as per the latest ICC Men’s T20I rankings.
- As per the latest rankings list released by the international cricket governing body, Suryakumar now sits at the top of the list with a total of 863 rating points. Rizwan, on the other hand, sits second with a total of 842 points.
World Jellyfish Day
- On November 3rd, World Jellyfish Day celebrates this invertebrate that has been on Earth for millions of years. The day also encourages us to learn more about these unique aquatic animals.